11 Curb Appeal Tips
If you've been thinking, "What is the most efficient way of selling my home?" then you have probably been hearing about curb appeal quite a bit. This is because it really is important when it comes to getting people inside your home and it is even more important when it comes to raising your chances of getting a fast offer. The easiest way to break down curb appeal is to start at the curb and go up to the front door, making sure you have done as much as you can to add the most charm to your home. Here are the steps you want to take:
- Clean out the gutter. Go out near the street and spray any leaves and other debris down into the drain in the street and out of the curb in front of your home.
- Give your curb address a fresh coat of paint. If you live in an area where the house numbers are painted on the curb, make sure yours look shiny and new.
- Mow the entire lawn, making sure you don't leave it too long or mow it too short. Rake up any leftover clippings, if there are any.
- Edge the lawn. Go around the entire yard and make sure you give it a good edging, so the spot where the grass meets the curb, walkway, and driveway looks like a clean line.
- Trim your bushes and trees. You want to make sure all the bushes and trees have a nice and clean shape to them. If you have a lot of bushes and trees, you may be better off hiring someone to do this for you.
- Take care of your plants and flowers. You should make sure all your plants and flowers look healthy and are freshly pruned.
- Get rid of all weeds. Any weeds that are in the yard will be an eyesore. Make sure you check for them and pull any new ones as soon as you see them coming up.
- Clean all cement. Your walkways, porches, driveway, and other areas of cement should look as clean as possible. This may require using a power washer in order to take care of the job.
- Keep the porch inviting. Only have furniture on your porch that is in great shape, and make sure it isn't too cluttered.
- Paint the exterior of the home if needed. If your home is in need of a fresh paint job, following through on it can really help give the home much better curb appeal.
- Replace old blinds. If your blinds are in need of help, you should clean or even replace them before you start showing your house to potential buyers.